The Archbishop's Palace (Object 194)
Click into pictures for higher resolution:
Renders from February 7th 2015:
It is very unclear whether this court which belonged to the highest town church official was a church in the beginning.
The great portal and the three narrow gothic windows might indicate that it really was a church which was later turned into a bishop's court.
Considering the fact that the current terrain level is almost two meters higher than the previous one because the space in front of the building
had to be filled in during the construction of the walls, this presumption is quite possible. Actually, this is not even a presumption because
the western facade conception can only correspend to a church.
It is not quite certain when the curch was turned into a residenced. The inscription which was found later mentions the archdiocesan office and the year 1400, which confirms the presumption that the bishop's court used to be here.
(ZAGARCANIN Mladen, "STARI GRAD BAR - THE OLD TOWN OF BAR". "A GUIDE THROUGH THE CENTURIES")
One of the plans from the book of Durde Boskovic, Stari Bar from 1962, page 136.: